SPE Cartridge Packaging And Application
Most common SPE cartridges are injection syringes made of polyethylene, in which there are two plugs made of polypropylene or fiberglass, with a certain amount of chromatographic adsorbent (filler) between the two plugs.
SPE cartridges without sieve plate
1. Avoid “non-specific adsorption”
2. The packing is stable and can be well fixed
3. Effectively avoid “ditch effect”
4. Improved separation efficiency and sample load.
The capacity of SPE cartridges
The total amount of the target compound plus impurities that can be adsorbed must not exceed the capacity. Otherwise, some target compounds may not be absorbed in the process of sample loading, resulting in low recovery rate.
The packing of the SPE cartridges
It is chromatographic adsorbent normally: take silica gel as matrix; take high polymer as matrix; take non-polar material as main.
The application of SPE cartridges
1. Silica gel bonded phenyl: polar compounds ion exchange and adsorption extraction, such as vitamins.
2. Non-bonded silica gel: polar compound extraction.
3. Silicone bonded procyanidin: reversed-phase extraction, suitable for intermediate-polarity compounds. Positive phase extraction, suitable for polar compounds.
4. Propylamine bonded on silica gel: positive phase extraction, suitable for polar compounds.