Overview of QuEChERS Technology
QuEChERS, composed of Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged, and Safe, is the latest developed sample pretreatment technology for detecting agricultural products, which was developed by one professor from the United States Department of Agriculture in 2003.
Its principle is similar to that of High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Solid Phase Extraction (SPE). Both of them utilize the interaction between adsorbents and impurities of the matrix adsorbing impurities to remove impurities and realize purification.
The steps of QuEChERS technology can be simply summarized as follows.
1. Crush samples
2. Extract and separate of acetonitrile of the single solvent
3. Add MgSO4 and other salts to remove water
4. Add ethylenediamine-N-propyl silane (PSA) or other adsorbents to remove impurities
5. Detect the supernatant
The QuEChERS also has the following advantages. (three of the all are listed only)
1. High Recovery Rate
The recovery rate of a large number of polar and volatile pesticides is more than 85%;
2. High Accuracy and Precision
This can be modified by the internal standard method.
3. A Wide Range of Analyzable Pesticides
Including polar and non-polar pesticides, experts can apply this technology to acquire a higher recovery rate.