Experimental Steps and Advantages of QuEChERS
QuEChERS is a sample pretreatment technique for sample preparation and purification of multi-pesticide residues in foods with high humidity.
At present, QuEChERS is more and more widely used, involving more and more fields, such as drugs, antibiotics in soil, wine, meat, and other pollutants detection.
Steps of QuEChERS
1. Sample crushing;
2. Single solvent acetonitrile extraction and separation;
3. Add salt to remove water;
4. Adding adsorbent;
5. Perform GC-MS and LC-MS detection.
Advantages of QuEChERS
1. Simple device and simple operation;
2. Acetonitrile has little contact with the staff;
3. Chlorine-free solvent;
4. Low pollution, low cost, high accuracy;
5. Rapid analysis;
6. Both polar and non-polar types of pesticides can achieve a good recovery rate.
QuEChERS technology invented just a few years ago, has brought innovation to the field of multi-pesticide residue analysis and multi-category pesticide analysis. Now, in order to meet the demand for food production, a variety of pesticides have been used. Therefore, more attention has been paid to the residue analysis method of multiple pesticides, especially after the frequent occurrence of pollution events in our food supply.