A Brief Introduction of SPE Cartridges
The structure of SPE cartridges is simple, in addition to plastic pipe, only the sieve plate, and packing. This simple structure brings convenience and inherent contradictions, some of which we will never encounter when extracting with solvent.
The influence of SPE cartridges
The analyte is not adsorbed or partially adsorbed:
1. Improper column selection;
2. The column was not pretreated well.
Poor reproducibility: 1. The column was dry before sample addition; 2. The column load
Interference in the elution fraction: Interference from the SPE cartridges
The choice of SPE cartridges
1. Agricultural residues and food field: Florisil, PestiCarb, Alumina-N, NH2;
2. Animal residues (tissue, feed) field: SCX, PCX, MCX, PEP, SUL-5, Alumina B, C18, Silica, Alumina A, Alumina-N, PRS, Florisil;
3. Environmental field: PEP, HXN, diatomaceous earth;
4. Medical field: C18, PEP, PCX, PAX.
The application range of the commonly used SPE cartridges
C18: reverse extraction, suitable for non-polar to medium polar compounds.
C8: reverse extraction, suitable for non-polar to medium polar compounds.
C2: compared with C18 and C8, C18 and C8 are suitable for non-polar compounds because of their short chains and much smaller retention effect.